Testosterone levels or “T levels” as they are popularly known, are a major health concern for men. After the age of 30, most men see a decline in their natural testosterone levels. This is huge because testosterone is the sex hormone that gives men their “manly” characteristics such as muscularity, and a deep voice. In some cases testosterone levels can also drop so low that they begin to severely affect a man’s health.
We don’t exactly know just how many men have low testosterone. A lot of men suffer in silence because they don’t know why they feel the way they do. Low testosterone doesn’t have to be “just a part of getting old.” We at Monarch Wellness Center are here to help!
Low T doesn’t discriminate, it can happen to anyone. Possible causes include:
- Endocrine diseases such as diabetes
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Drug or anabolic steroid use
- Cancer treatment
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Autoimmune disease such as thyroid disease
- Genetic conditions
At Monarch Wellness Center we take more than lab values into consideration when diagnosing Low T. The providers here will order lab work and will also perform a thorough physical exam and discuss your health history to make an accurate diagnosis.
Some symptoms of Low T include:
- Low sex drive
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- Decreased energy/fatigue
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sperm production and decreased ejaculate volume
- Loss of body hair
- Hot flashes
- Memory/concentration problems
Low T treatment here at Monarch Wellness Center is offered in the form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy or TRT. We offer topicals, injectable TRT or Testopel implants. Topical TRT is supplied as a cream or a gel that is applied directly onto the skin. Injectables are just as they sound, you will be prescribed an appropriate dose of TRT based on your assessment and lab values and will receive an injection into the muscle as directed. Testopel involves a nearly painless insertion of testosterone containing pellets just under the skin that dissolve over time and require less frequent office visits than injectable TRT.
Services and Fees
- Initial Patient Consultation $200
- Testosterone Injection Fee $25
- Testopel Insertion only $200 (patient supplies medication from pharmacy, we will provide prescription)
- Testopel Pellets with insertion $200 per pellet if medication is Purchased from Monarch Wellness Center
- Injectable Testosterone: TBD based on individual needs ($40 per ml, supplied as 200mg/ml)
- Topical TRT: TBD based on individual needs.